I did a seniors first aid course this weekend. I have to honestly say i don't think i have ever come across a more sexist, homophobic, racist person in a position of 'teaching' before. I find the island very insular and small minded at the best of times. But this weekend has actually sent me into a bit of a spin. I passed no problems there.... although some of the info he gave was pretty much well out there as far as im concerned.
Im finding it incredibly difficult to live somewhere there is such a huge lack of community that i feel akin to.
January 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's terrible! Have you reported the teacher? Is there an authority of some sort that you can report them to?
ReplyDeleteI'd have thought something like a first aid course would not have the structure that would allow the deliverer to put their individual stamp on it.
ReplyDeletewell he missed things that were required
ReplyDeletemore interested in showing us images of scenes his attended as a first aider... and telling us tales of gruesome scenes he has been too.
Ive done several of these courses and honestly not heard such things. Each day was started with.... this shouldn't offend you but this is how the real world really is and then say something equally offensive
Sorry that should be equally as offensive as the day before.
ReplyDeleteTassies a funny place, a bit like where I live. White bread land.
ReplyDelete